- Home Visiting - Do you need advice but can't get out to see someone? If you'd struggle to get to one of our centres because of a health condition or caring responsibility, we can come to you. Thanks to the National Lottery Community Fund, we can give advice on topics such as benefits, debt, housing, employment, relationships, consumer, immigration, health and care, all in the comfort of your own home. We cover all areas of Arun and Chichester.
We are currently unable to offer home visiting but our dedicated team can still support you. If you'd struggle to come into our centres, call our Adviceline on 0344 477 1171. Our advisers will take the details of your issue and try to help you over the phone. If you need to receive advice in person, the adviser will send your details to our Home Visiting Team. Your local Home Visitor will call you back to arrange a convenient appointment. If you'd like to find out more, you can call our administration line on 01243 866233 or by email to email@example.com.
- Social Prescribing Service - Our team of Community Referrers are now working in the REAL district (Rustington, East Preston, Angmering and Littlehampton). Sometimes referred to as community referral, social prescribing is a means of enabling GPs, nurses and other staff working in the health and care sectors to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services.
"Recognising that people’s health is determined primarily by a range of social, economic and environmental factors, social prescribing seeks to address people’s needs in a holistic way. It also aims to support individuals to take greater control of their own health" – King's Fund
We can help you find a new hobby, connect with others in your community or manage a health condition: whatever matters to you. We work with you in a series of sessions tailored to your need, including attending sessions with you if you're anxious about going alone. Our team are not medically trained but can help you take control of your wellbeing and link in with your healthcare providers as needed.
If you're interested, you should ask your medical professional to refer you in.
- Help to Claim - Whether you're new to the benefit system or considering switching to Universal Credit, our advisers can talk you through the what, where, why and how of making a claim. Call 0800 144 8 444 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm or follow the link and click "talk to us online".
- Video advice - We're making it easier for you to talk to us. You can start a video call with a local adviser Tuesday-Friday 10am-12pm through our new, easy-to-use platform. You can even add another person to the call, such as a family member or support worker, and we can include a foreign language or BSL interpreter. Click here to find out more or complete our online form to request an appointment.
- Law Clinic - We can offer up to 30 minutes of free legal advice through the Law Clinic. The areas of law covered are Civil Litigation, Employment, Family, Property and Wills and Probate. For further information access our leaflet here.