Breaking news: COVID19 PM Update 04.01.2021
04 January 2021 20:20
Below are the key highlights from tonight's Coronavirus Update made by the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister announced that England will lockdown similar to those in March 2020 to keep the virus under control, with people told to "stay at home" and "schools shut" for most pupils from tomorrow, 5th January 2021 until February half term.
The announcement came after 58,784 tested positive in the past 24 hours with a number of deaths at 407.
BBC News has listed the following Highlights
At-a-glance: New rules in England
- People cannot leave their homes except for certain reasons, like the first lockdown last March
- These include essential medical needs, food shopping, exercise and work for those who cannot do so from home
- All schools and colleges will close to most pupils from Tuesday with remote learning until February half term
- Early years settings such as nurseries will stay open
- End-of-year exams will not take place this summer as normal
- Elsewhere, university students will not return to campuses and will be taught online
- Restaurants can continue to offer delivery for food, but takeaway alcohol will be banned
- Outdoor sports venues - such as golf courses, tennis courts, and outside gyms - must close
- Amateur team sports are not allowed, but elite sport such as Premier League football can continue
For full details please head to the government website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus or you can WATCH the BSL News update here
If your are uncertain about what the new rules mean to you or need advice Arun & Chichester Citizens Advice can help you find away forward - Click here
How are you feeling, right now?
- You may be feeling confused about furlough?
- Scared of self-isolation, domestic abuse, or caring for someone alone?
- Uncertain of what is available for the self-employed, or your future as a student?
- Anxious about redundancy, or unsure of your rights?
- Concerned about your mortgage or Fearing being evicted?
- Struggling to pay debts or need help with your energy bills?
- Forced to cancel a holiday or you need help with EU settlement scheme?
- Fearing about your financial future or want to know what benefits are available?
Arun & Chichester Citizens Advice are here to give you the knowledge and confidence need to find your way forward - whoever you are, and whatever your problem. Click here to get Advice
In 2020, the charity dealt with over 9,600 clients, over 23,000 issues, and helped generate and provide a total of over £2.4million in income gains for local people, who came to us for help and advice.
Our trained team of volunteers, and staff, are here to support you. You are not alone.
- Advice Line:0344 477 1171 (Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm)
- Web chat:https://bit.ly/AdviceWebChat (Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm)
- 24/7 Self Advice guide:https://bit.ly/SelfAdviceGuide
- Other Services:https://www.arunchichestercab.org.uk/contact-us/specialist-services/
- Domestic Abuse:https://www.arunchichestercab.org.uk/contact-us/domestic-abuse-support/
- Big Energy Saving Network:https://bit.ly/bigenergysaving2020
- Health Survey Questionnaire:https://bit.ly/AccessToHealthServices2020
- Join the team:https://www.arunchichestercab.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer/
Be More Social:
Details are correct at the time of publishing and may be subject to change.