28 December 2020 14:41
Brexit - 1st January 2021
Time is running out ⌛️- as of 1 January 2021 there are new rules for British Citizens, businesses, and those wishing to stay in the UK.
Are You/ Family/ Friends/ Employees Ready?
It's important that we are all ready for the changes ahead as everyone can be affected.
CLICK HERE to see if you're ready with the online 'Brexit checker' (government website)
Below we have compiled some resources that will hopefully help provide you with the information you may need. Alternatively, contact our team for free, independent, confidential, and impartial advice online or call 0344 477 1171 (Mon to Fri 9am - 4:30pm)
Staying In The UK If You're From The EU
If you’re an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, you and your family must apply to the 'EU Settlement Scheme' to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
Successful applicants will be given either settled or pre-settled status. It's important that you check to see if you are eligible to apply as those who don't apply by this deadline, when they should have, will no longer be living in the country legally.
How to Apply
The EU Settlement Scheme is free and you can apply now, deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
- You usually have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme online. There are a few situations when you must use a paper form.
- You don't need to be in the UK to apply, however, you must have started living in the UK on 31 December 2020.
- Before you start, gather everything you need
If you are unsure about whether you should apply or need assistance, you can contact Arun & Chichester Citizens Advice
- Traveling in Europe after Brexit
- Problems with your settled status decision
- Viewing and updating your pre-settled or settled status
- Keeping your family in the UK after Brexit
- Claiming benefits if you're from the EU
- Proving your right to live in the UK with the Windrush scheme
- Check if a change affects your Universal Credit
The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.The government also offers a guide in 26 European languages.