Emergency Fuel Voucher Scheme
16 March 2020 10:30
Are you a Sussex resident?
Do you have a prepayment meter?
You may be entitled to an emergency fuel voucher
The fuel voucher scheme is for those with prepayment meters facing financial crisis and vulnerable, e.g. disabled; young children in household; carer. You will be asked to provide some evidence of your crisis (ie: bank statement).
Full criteria below:
- If you’re on a means-tested benefit or awaiting a benefit decision, or;
- If you have limited income and no recourse to public funds, or;
- If you have no other way of obtaining funds, e.g. funds needed to pay rent arrears to avoid homelessness
And you’re vulnerable for one of the following reasons:
- Have a disability, or;
- Are a carer to a child or disabled person, or are pregnant or;
- Are of pension age and frail, or;
- Have recently been housed following homelessness, or;
- Have recently released from an institution such as prison or hospital, or;
- Are at risk of becoming homeless, or;
- Are fleeing domestic abuse, or;
- Are self-isolating or shielding inline with government guidance
During the Coronavirus outbreak, you should contact your nearest Citizens Advice by telephone. Find out details of your nearest centre here