Help for you during the pandemic
05 April 2020 13:57

It's a difficult time for everyone but we're still here to offer advice and support.

If you'd like to speak to an adviser, we're still available on the telephone, webchat and email. You can call our Adviceline on 0344 477 1171, talk to us on webchat (specialist services are available for debt and Universal Credit) and out of hours, you can email through the same link.

Our national website is kept up to date and is divided into sections so that you can read just the parts that are relevant to your query. There's information on benefits, employment rights, debt and more. You can also find us on social media, where we share up to date news and tips. The links for these are at the bottom of the page.

GOV.UK is updated daily with new information. This page provides an overview of the information that's available through the website, including information on the latest number of cases and the affects on public services.


Accessing food

If you are struggling financially during this time, we are still able to refer you into our local food banks. Some services are delivering and some have changed location so we'll let you know how to access your food parcel when we call you with your food bank voucher number. The Trussell Trust operate the food banks in Arun & Chichester so you can find out more about how food banks work here. We can also refer you into the Littlehampton Community Fridge.

If you can afford food but are unable to get out to get it because of self-isolation or shielding, there are schemes to help you. You can self-refer into the West Sussex Community Hub who will link you in with an appropriate scheme in your area.


Getting medication

The West Sussex Community Hub can also help with linking you to an appropriate scheme to help you collect medication if you are unable to do so.


Telephone support

If you're feeling alone during this time and would benefit from a phone call with someone, there also services available to you. In Rustington, East Preston, Angmering and Littlehampton, our Social Prescribing team offer this service. You can find out more here. Outside of these areas, you can refer into the West Sussex Community Hub.


If you're classed as "extremely vulnerable", you may have received a letter from the NHS or contact from your GP. If you are in this group and need support, you can request it here.


If you're finding it difficult to access any of the services mentioned, get in touch with us and we'll see how we can help.